Coxmic's Staff Application
Section A - Basic Information
Section A - Basic Information
- Minecraft Username: Coxmic
- Discord Username: Coxmic#0001
- Age: 17
- Timezone: GMT +8 (HKT)
- Country: Hong Kong
- Languages you can fluently speak: English, Punjabi, Hindi
- How long have you been playing?
I have been playing Minecraft: Java Edition for about 6 years now.
- How many hours can you contribute to Sagas?
I am able to contribute 4-6 hours each day of the week, more time on weekends (7-8 hours)
- What motivated you to apply for a staff position?
The server itself was unique and that drove my motivation. I was looking at Dylan's GitHub and found that he joined Telara Studios organization, and I went ahead to check out what it was. I found the twitter of Sagas and started snooping around the forums and I saw the General Description of the server. Firstly, I want to state that the features look very unique, unlike anything I've seen on other servers. The design and everything looked so amazing. Sagas looked very unique and that lead me to Staff Applications. I believe I am a person with a creative mind and a critic, I love to voice out my opinions and provide my thoughts on different ideas. I hope to provide my opinions to anyone who is looking for them, but most importantly, I like to work in a team. I believe working with a fresh group of people will broaden my views on my topics and I can chat with them about Skyblock!
- Are you currently staff on any other server(s)?
OkiMC - Senior Moderator
DemonPvP - Helper
- Do you have past experience in moderating a community?
Yes, I manage and moderate my school's student union Discord, Instagram and Facebook page. Moreover, I moderate the discords of the servers I am currently staff on.
- What relevant skills do you have to offer?
I am bold, I like to work in a team.
I am able to provide support and moderate the discord chat.
My timezone allows me to connect with both US, UK and Asia-Pacific players, I love to talk with people!
I am an honest person.
I am willing to learn.
- Why should we pick you over another applicant?
I am a person who will choose morals and ethics when it comes to tough situations, I would find the right and the wrong, I think before I speak. If I have reason to say something, I will back it up with evidence. I like to collaborate with everyone on the team, I like hear ideas and build on them. I trust that no one asks any stupid questions and that I would provide support no matter what, I also choose not to keep any bias.
- If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?
I am the current president of the Student Union, I like to go cycling and I love playing Volleyball!
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
Though I may seem childish with the people I trust, when it comes to work, I am a professional.
- If one of your best friends was breaking a rule and you caught them, what would you do and how would you handle it?
Firstly, I would asses the situation and see what rules are being broken. Secondly, I will look for evidence to support the claim. Should my "best friend" actually break any rule, they would receive the same punishment as another player. Everything should be equal, no one will get special treatment. Being ethical is most important.
- You come home from school/work and have ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on Sagas. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you?
Yes, it does sound familiar to me. I am a human at the end of the day. I love to procrastinate and take rest, I am a person who will do tasks when I feel it is the right moment, I choose not to force myself to work on big projects, I work best under pressure (which is when I am most motivated). Also, most importantly, whatever I do, I won't regret the decision. It was my choice to spend so much time so why must I regret, it is simply sunk cost, it shouldn't affect my future choices, I simply can disregard it but I can most definitely learn from the situation to avoid it from happening again. Everyone procrastinates but there are some situations where one must learn, I believe those moments will teach oneself the true meaning of time.